Off Topic Sunday
Today’s Workout: 20 min treadmill HIIT + 50 min steady state cardio (i.e. treadmill walking)
After my shameless Chest and Back workout left me more sore then usual (Dan blames it on the fact that I finished off the protein powder and therefore could not refuel like normal. I hate to admit that he might be right. I guess I owe a lot of my strength gain on my post workout whey shakes) I took a blissful rest day yesterday, dove headfirst into dark chocolate after midnight (still staying under 50g carbs) and woke up today ready for a HIIT. I’m still adjusting to low carbs/keto and even doing a 1:30 to 30sec ratio of walking to sprints kicks my ass, but I did the my 20 minutes and walked it off.
However, I don’t want to just talk about food and workouts so I’ve decided for Sunday to post up some random facts about me that have nothing to do with healthy eating or fitness. Cuz, you know, there’s more I think about and I think that’s healthy:
1. I HATE cutesy words including but not limited to – yummy, tummy, veggies, undies, belly, sweetie, hiney, tushie, honey, muffin, yummers, delish, treats, piggies, fingeys, potty, poo-poo,doody,pootzy,(clearly most words that start with “p” or end in “y” or “ie” bother me) poopsie, boogy, dearie. Don’t know why. Sometimes I’ll say “veggie” and I cringe upon myself. Does this mean I’ll make a terrible mother? I have this niggling fear that I’m going to be called into the principles office often for my foul mouthed, f-bomb dropping, ass-face, swearing little shits. But I have equal fear that I’ll resort to ‘baby talk’ and therefore throw up on myself. daily.
2. I am really quite introverted. Shocker I know but if I don’t get enough alone time I can be down right mean.
3. My favorite movies include old time classic “An Affair to Remember”. I watched it every night for months at a time when I was in highschool, to fall asleep to. I would name Deborah Kerr’s character in that movie as one of the first female role models I aspired to be like.
4. I would really really love to be into fashion. But I just don’t understand it. Kind of like politics. I look at all the pretty pictures and yet can’t figure out what to wear if its not jeans and heels or dress and heels. The same heels. Don’t even ask me to accessorize.
5. I haven’t driven a car in over 2 years. Really. And I don’t miss it. I miss having my own means of transportation and the freedom it afforded me. But I felt just as free living in Singapore taking trains and taxi’s. I am a crappy driver and every car I ever had is now totaled. And I’ve had 5. And a motorcycle. Which is also totaled…
There, a little further insight into the madness of me 🙂 Care to reciprocate? Tell me more about you!!!