Kiss Me and Smile for Me
Today’s Workout: 20 min treadmill HIIT + Killer Ab circuit!
I’m leaving tonight, and I’m sure it’s going to be a grand adventure. I’ve got to lovely ladies and traveling companions and a lot of love waiting for me in Australia.
How I didn’t know how hard it would be to leave Dan. I couldn’t sleep last night just thinking that I wouldn’t be sleeping next to him for nearly 4 months.
But, I don’t want to live in a spirit of fear so I’m focusing just on one day at a time. I’m thinking of just what is in store for today and that is all. And today saw a quick morning workout, brunch with my favorite Australian, packing and now we chill before Airport time. I’m looking forward to being creative with my workouts, dancing my heart out of course, absence making the heart grow fonder, celebrating my 30th on tour with some great girls and blogging/getting to know my new Sweat Pink family at Fit Approach. Hmmm, how will I give out these pink laces? Perhaps I’ll even be able to squeeze in a road race?? I’m a big dreamer, why not shoot for the stars 🙂
Oh and I forgot one thing from my list yesterday. I’m not weighing myself while I”m gone. I have a tendency to really focus on the number on the scale. Well, it’s been hard but I haven’t stepped on the scale for the last few days and I won’t before I go. My measure of success is going to HAVE to be something other then a number 🙂 So, in case you didn’t catch it, heres my list for the next 4 months:
1. Strength training at least 3x’s per week
2. HIIT Cardio at least 2X’s per week (will have to get creative without a treadmill – time to invest in a jump rope??)
3. Eating clean with a focus on protein (new for me, I usually like to keep protein to a minimum)
4. Using my sunless tanning lotion to make those muscle cuts POP! without unnecessary aging from the sun (I’m a freak and totally scared of tanning outside)
5. Abstaining completely from Diet Coke and carbonated drinks altogether
6. Drinking lots of water – not a strength of mine but I guess it’ll be easier without soda
7. Abstaining from cutting my hair
8. NO WEIGHING
I’m going to be lean, tan and healthy when I return to my man!