Day at The Office
I’m sure you all know, I don’t have a 9-5 job. I am a professional performer. I have had a few different specific performer roles that I now think it’s just easier to say performer (I have been paid to do the following things – dance, act, sing, aerial work, teach dance, take pictures with people, hold a sign with a smile on my face, stilt walk (currently), fight, choreograph…and more!)
Whenever I post on here I realize that the majority of people that know me are either also performers, former performers or have known me long enough to know about our crazy lifestyle. However when I read other blogs I am constantly blown away at how different my life is compared to theirs and I wonder if people think the same way about my life.
Here are 5 major wierdo things about my life that I thought about today:
1. every 6 months – 1 year (give or take) I’m switching jobs or staring straight down the barrel of unemployment, temping or waitressing. This is also what’s on my mind at the moment…
2. I ate my dinner salad out of a ziplock bag at my makeup station today. Classy huh? Almost as classy as the fact that I regularly wash my fruit and vegetables with a baby wipe before eating instead of washing them in the sink since baby wipes are quick and readily available at work (we wipe off makeup with them)
3. I have weigh in’s at work. Had one today
4. sometimes (depending on what I’m doing) I have to ask permission to dye or cut my hair
5. I routinely wear track pants and a tank top to work. and I don’t brush aforementioned hair usually… maybe I shouldn’t have admitted that 🙂
That’s all I have for tonight, it’s been a long day and I’m ready for bed!