30X July 1 – August 1
I know, I know, at long last! I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do. I’m uuber busy between work, extra curriculars (some exciting things I’ll clue you in on soon), the races coming up, and you know, sleep, eating, answering emails and paying my taxes. I don’t have time for another P90X like program at the moment. and I don’t want to do a diet or a cleanse…
So HERE IT IS! And it was prompted by my best friend Melanie (who will be guest posting sometime in the near future!!) She joined Nike+ which I have actually been a member of for nearly a year now but I don’t wear my Nike band very often. Well, Melanie invited me to one of the Challenges – run 100 miles in one month. That’s awesome! Perfect extra encouragement for race training. I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit lonely for a fitness buddy but I’m also terribly bashful and like to workout alone so no one watches me (ie so I don’t feel embarassed and start judging myself. It actually took me so long to jog outside where people could see me. It took living next to the ocean). Well, since Melanie is my bestie and she lives in the US which I currently do not reside, she is my long distance workout buddy! It’s perfect and she does keep me motivated! and now for the challenge!
So my 30X will consist of 3 parts of 100:
1. run a cumulative of 100 miles in 30 days (which apparently also means wearing my Nikes for 30 days) – speed means nothing, it’s just distance that matters this time around
2. do 100 crunches and 100 push ups per day for 30 days (can change up the kind of crunches and push ups as long 100 are done per day)
3. post 100 positive affirmations in 30 days. Funny enough this will probs be the most challenging part.
What I will do to document this:
1. I will take before pictures in my bikini tomorrow, July 1 and after pictures in same bikini on August 1. This will allow us to see what a bare bones (running, push ups, crunches, positive affirmations) approach to fitness does to my body without diet or resistance training.
* So in that vein this will be all that I do. The only added things will be like if I feel like taking a yoga class or dance class or do silks or pole. That’s not part of the program it’s just activities I do!
2. I will post daily about my progress so you can follow along, give me advice, join in!
Whatdyathink? LETS GET STARTED!!!
PS. if you’re going to make fun of my white ankle socks, do it in your mind. I have no idea what I was thinking when I got dressed for this photo-shoot. Clearly it was something like “why is my alarm going off before the sun rises? where am I? who am I?” much more important things then “don’t under any circumstances wear nerdy white ankle socks” I guess the real question is, why do I have them? i don’t remember buying them… I digress
Posted on June 30, 2011, in 30X, Fitness, Uncategorized and tagged 100 crunches, 100 miles, 100 miles in 30 days, 100 push ups, 30X, challenge, Nike+, positive affirmations, push ups, running, sit ups. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.